Monday, June 27, 2011

Love affair

This poem was written for a friend who's spouse was hooked on drugs...

Love affair



My world has become so dark and cold,
Since she came into your life.
I thought it would be me forever you'd hold,
but it seems you found a new wife.

Every morning when you wake up,
There's only one thing on your mind.
When and where you'll see her again.
She's become everything,
Your mother, your lover, your best friend.

Little by little our things start to disappear,
seems you'll give anything just to have her near.
You find any excuse to leave for hours at a time.
Then you come back home and expect everything to be fine.

You've driven me to the point of insanity,
I don't know what to say or do.
Sometimes I feel the only way to stop it is to kill you...

I'm beginning to believe that for us there's no hope.
Ever since your love affair began...
Her name is... DOPE.


© 2001 Poet730 (All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment