Monday, May 30, 2011

Silent Drops

I started writing poetry at the age of 13 and have not written in quite a few years but this one is from one of the many nights I lay awake...

             Silent Drops 
 

Silent drop fall from my eyes
Releasing the pain I feel inside
Trapped within myself
I search for the strength to find some help

Never letting anyone see
The pain that I hide deep within me
Silent drops are falling
but no one ever hears me calling

Lost inside a body
That doesn't let me live
I struggle everyday
To give all I have to give

Silent drops are flowing
You have no way of knowing
What it's like to be me
I just want to be free

Suffocating in my sleep
As I try to rest in bed
Fearing in my mind
I might end up dead

Silent drops are falling
And no one ever hears a sound
For I only let them fall
When no one is around

One more day
A few more steps
I have to keep on going
But when, tell me when
Will the silent drops stop falling...
By Poet730

© 2002 Poet730 (All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment