Tuesday, September 27, 2011

1 week post op

So today makes 1 week that I had my surgery. Panniculectomy for those that are just now starting to read. They removed 20 lbs of skin from my stomach. That is a hell of a lot of weight to carry around for no reason. I am not sure if it will help my back pain or at lease minimize it. I can't tell just yet. When I heal more and become more active we shall see. I had my first post op visit yesterday. The dr took out 2 of the 4 drains I had and he took the dressing off my incision said I didn't need to wear it and I could now take a normal shower. I have been craving meat and proteins alot this past week. I asked the dr about it he said its normal and my body is just trying to heal itself. It does feel weird when I stand and my hand automatically touches my thigh. I believe it was the best decision I could make due to the pain in my back and I hope it helps. I still need, my legs, and chest and arms done but one thing at a time...Yesterday was also the first time I put on underwear since surgery and when i felt that my belly no longer stuck out the leg holes I cried..Time for some cute panties!!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel, i read your blog and it is a great inspiring story. You have really come a long way and you are beautiful ! Congrats on all your accomplishments ! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dramatic difference, Rachel! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You are doing fantastic!!!

    I love watching you transform. It gives a newbie like me some hope that my future can be just as bright! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for blogging your story! I really didn't get the chance to speak with you at the OH conference, but wanted you to know what an inspiration you are. :-)

    ReplyDelete