Thursday, October 27, 2011

My heart won't let


I want to believe you,
but my heart just won't let.
I want to forgive you,
but my mind won't forget.
I want to take your word
that you're sorry for all you've done.
I want to believe you when you say
you were immature and only wanted to have fun.


I wish you knew the pain I felt
when you left me all alone.
I wish I could count the tears I cried,
all the nights you didn't come home.
With every tear I shed
a piece of my heart I lost.
For you having fun,
I'm the one who paid the cost.

You said you'd never hurt me,
you promised to never break my heart.
Your promise was broken that night
your words tore me apart.

The words that came out I could not believe.
How this has happened I couldn't conceive.
We love each other you said to me,
with those words you destroyed my heart.
As the tears rolled down my face
I was slowly falling apart.

You love each other I said?
How long have you know her?
My past months with you suddenly became a blur.
We can still be friends you said to me,
All our dreams destroyed due to your unloyalty.

The one I gave my heart for,
the one who said would love me forever more.
Is the one who threw my world away,
with his words he killed me that day.
That is a day in my life that I will never forget.
You caused me so much pain,
maybe that's why my heart won't let...

By Poet730 (About Poet730)

© 2002 Poet730 (All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment